They think that the fluid accumulation that I had just after my surgery has come back. The original fluid accumulation was between my tail bone and my colon. I hated the drain they put in last time. The drain tube went through my butt into the accumulation. Then they sewed it to my ass cheek to keep it in place. SEWED IT! You realize real quick how much you use your butt when you have a painful drain sewn to it.
So I guess really this is good news. It could have been a lot worse. Think broken pancreas, more cancer etc.
That's where things stand. Now I think the plan is to put in a drain maybe tonight but likely tomorrow. I know I can go home with a drain in so hopefully this all happens fast!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Here's the deal:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes! I have a hard time imagining anything sewn to my butt, or anyone elses. Your poor tush. Sounds like good news though. I'm hoping you have a speedy "alteration".
Jen
Sounds like the best outcome of the three possible options. Hopefully by the time you get this you are already discharged and at home drinking cranberry juice. James is off this week so if you need ANY thing we have some extra time/capacity - whatever you need.
Gill
Wow Dan that sounds likes tons of fun. Hopefully you get it over with quick and can back to sitting on your tush with less of a pain in the ass.
Lana :)
Post a Comment