www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Surgery date!


Row row row your boat, originally uploaded by DPC Tutt.

Well, I finally found out my surgery date. Monday June 1st is the day. I can't wait to get in there and get it over with. I'm really not looking forward to it but at least I have two weeks to enjoy before I head in. Hopefully we get some warm weather so the plants we are about to put in don't die.

I had a gastrogram (gastrograph?) today at the hospital. Basically they cram a bunch of barium fluid up where the sun don't shine and then, using x-rays they look to see if anything leaks out (where they made the join in my colon). It's exactly like checking for leaks after you repair your sink at home, only for me it wasn't a sink that they were checking. The whole process was actually not too bad but then my threshold for that sort of thing is much higher than most given the events of the past few months. I don't find out the results until my doctor calls me back but no-one there seemed at all concerned and I'm not worried.

No comments: