Friday, May 29, 2009
No silver bullet
I'm still here with no plan in place. Well no perfect plan anyways. The interventional radiologists are hesitant to put in a new drain given the fact that the abscess has shrunk over the past week making it harder to hit, even with CT guidance. Don is hesitant to remove the drain as it is still doing its job. If he were to remove it now, I would just end up back here in a month going through the same process all over again. So that leaves me stuck between a rock and a hard place. I can't reposition the drain or take it out and I can't make the pain go away despite my junkie-like experimentation with pain meds. I think it will come down to me heading home to wait this out with enough pain meds to sedate a wildebeest. Hopefully it will all happen today so I can enjoy this nice May weather. Lunch is here. Chicken salad on whole wheat with tomato soup. Yum yum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hypnotize yourself as a pain relief and try to sleep and dream a wonderful place with your family.
Yummy food, did you get any dessert?
I hope you feel better and the "big day" coming soon.
MS
Post a Comment