www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Still no surgery date

I still don't have a date for my liver surgery. But things are moving in the right direction. This past Friday I had my pre-admission phone consultation with a nurse. Its part of the pre-admission program that every surgical patient has to go through at the Foothills. The second part of the consultation took place on Monday. I was expecting to have an abbreviated meeting with the anaesthesiologist handling my case given the fact that I just went through the entire pre-admission process only 3 months ago. But it turned out that it actually took 3 hours. I had to have an ECG, run through my entire medical history with a nurse AGAIN, meet with the anaesthesiologist and then meet with another nurse to discuss my upcoming stay in the hospital. A big thanks to Shannon and Nora for looking after the kids while Penny and I were at the hospital.

Tomorrow we're off to Victoria for a week. We were able to take advantage of some $49 Westjet flights and figured with no planned surgery date we might as well take advantage of our soon-to-be non-existent ability to get away.

One other thing: Congratulations to Carly and Jay Frank on the birth of their son Matthias.

2 comments:

Nisha said...

Hey Dan!
Tell Penny to give me a shout while you are here in Victoria (assuming you get this note)...Our number is 250-704-1009 - would love to catch up over coffee!

Nish

Gillian said...

I hope you guys have a great time in Victoria - its always a beautiful time of year to go - like there actually is spring!! We are out of "quarantine" from Mexico and are all well with no flu so hope to see you soon after you get home! Love Gill