www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Back at the Foothills

I'm back in the hospital now. I came in this morning and would you believe I didn't have to wait! There was no one in the waiting room when I got there and the triage nurse said they had 8 open beds! I went from car to hospital bed in ten minutes. Awesome.

So I'm still feeling bad and decided I needed to sort out what the issue was sooner rather than later so it doesn't mess with the upcoming liver surgery. In the ER the doctor saw me quickly and ordered a bunch of tests. He also paged my medical oncologist and my colorectal surgeon (Don) to get their opinions. Their collective opinion was to send me for a CT scan. So, here I sit in the ER drinking the requisite 2 litres of contrast dye for the CT and listening to some tunes. I'll be sure to let you know how it all goes.

No comments: