www.flickr.com

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sineogram - done!

I got my sineogram done this morning at 10 - on time! I had the same radiologist and tech that I had last week which was good. It's always nice not to have to explain myself over and over again. so the test showed that there was no communication between the abscess and the colon. It was inconclusive on whether or not the drain had moved. So really, like I expected, its back to square one. I expect to still go to interventional radiology and get my drain replaced/repositioned but that decision will be up to Don. I expect he will do it just to try and relieve some of my pain. I should also say that the nurses are getting good at timing my fentanyl (pain med). They gave it to me just as I was going down for my sineogram and the pain was quite manageable. I only wish I could have it all the time. It makes me happy...

My roommate now is a lady I did a seminar with early on in my cancer battle. She's had her surgery and chemo and radiation and just got her ileostomy reversed. She's having a hard time getting used to using that part of her body again but she's looking forward to getting home and getting on with life. Her husband is here all the time and they are both easy to talk to and fun to have around. I wish all my roommates were as easy to deal with as her.

Wow. Dr Sutherland (my liver surgeon) just came to talk with me. He suggested backing the liver surgery off maybe a week or two to give me a chance to take care of the abscess and associated pain in my pelvis. His reasoning was that the liver surgery poses enough risk in and of itself and you don't want to go into a major surgery with an infection already in your body. So, while this is a bit of a blow to my scheduling and mental preparation it feels like the right thing to do. I can't say I'm happy about it but it feels good to have a definitive answer on the subject one way or another. I better go call my peeps and give them the news...

3 comments:

Gill said...

Hey Dan - sounds like a busy day for your today. Too bad about the surgery but hopefully the pain in your arse will be gone after the reposition and you can go home to enjoy the weekend. Take it easy

Louie said...

Yes, too bad about the surgery being rescheduled but it does seem like the best thing right now. have a good weekend relaxing at home - hopefully the pain gets better...
S

Gill said...

Hey Dan: Not sure if you are still in your hospital but thought you (and your faithful blog readers) would enjoy a Friday Funny.
For those parents of boys you find out interesting things when you have sons, like...
1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep.

2) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades, they can ignite.

3.) A 3-year old Boy's voice is louder than 200 adults in a crowded restaurant.

4.) If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound Boy wearing Batman underwear and a Superman cape. It is strong enough, however, if tied to a paint can, to spread paint on all four walls of a 20x20 ft. room.

5.) You should not throw baseballs up when the ceiling fan is on. When using a ceiling fan as a bat, you have to throw the ball up a few times before you get a hit. A ceiling fan can hit a baseball a long way.

6.) The glass in windows (even double-pane) doesn't stop a baseball hit by a ceiling fan.

7.) When you hear the toilet flush and the words 'uh oh', it's already too late.

8.) Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

9.) A six-year old Boy can start a fire with a flint rock even though a 36- year old Man says they can only do it in the movies.

10.) Certain Lego's will pass through the digestive tract of a 4-year old Boy.

11.) Play dough and microwave should not be used in the same sentence.

12.) Super glue is forever.

13.) No matter how much Jell-O you put in a swimming pool you still can't walk on water.

14.) Pool filters do not like Jell-O.

15.) VCR's do not eject 'PB & J' sandwiches even though TV commercials show they do.

16.) Garbage bags do not make good parachutes.

17.) Marbles in gas tanks make lots of noise when driving.

18.) You probably DO NOT want to know what that odor is.

19.) Always look in the oven before you turn it on; plastic toys do not like ovens.

20.) The fire department has a 5-minute response time.

21.) The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earthworms dizzy.

22.) It will, however, make cats dizzy.

23.) Cats throw up twice their body weight when dizzy.

24.) 80% of Women will pass this on to almost all of their friends, with or without kids.

25.) 80% of Men who read this will try mixing the Clorox and brake fluid.