www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back in the hospital AGAIN!

I'm back in this damn hospital again. Of course I'm in the same bed in the same room in the same unit as last time (I think they save it for me!). Over the past few days I've been having excruciating pain associated with my drain. I think it must have moved around a bit and now its sitting on a nerve or something and it kills. Whenever I try and move it really hurts. I've been bedridden with the pain. I even got stuck standing in the bathroom for an hour yesterday for fear of moving and causing pain. I've been freaking the kids out too with my screams. Carly has been trying to play doctor by checking my bag and covering me with blankets and Andrew just likes to crawl up on top of me while I'm on the couch. Its pretty cute but I don't have the pain tolerance to put up with their doting so it can get frustrating. For now the plan for tomorrow is to have a date with radiology (have some x-rays taken following the injection of a radiopaque medium) and then possibly a CT scan to check the position of the drain. Hopefully they can find the problem and take away the hurt. Until then Tylenol 3s and phentenyl (sp?) are my best friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dan-we sometimes give neurontin to kids with nerve pain from drains-don't know how long you need the drain, but if it is a couple of weeks maybe they could try it.