www.flickr.com

Friday, May 22, 2009

A good sleep in the hospital?


a good sleep in the hospital?, originally uploaded by DPC Tutt.

Just woke up from a great sleep - in the hospital of all places. The doctors came around on rounds and had to shake me to wake me up. I had one of those sleep masks on, ear plugs and I had a sleeping pill last night all of which contributed to fine siesta. I'm planning on making a break for it today. I need to talk to my liver surgeon first but after that I'm outta here. I have to go home with my drain and keep it in for "quite a while" according to Don. It's not that big of a deal, I already have one bag, now I have two! After my liver surgery I may have a biliary drain which would bring the total to 3. It will be quite the collection.

I'm going to watch some Bourne Identity on the laptop while I wait for my tepid gelatinous oatmeal. Happy Friday all.

3 comments:

Louie said...

You're looking good! Glad to hear you'll likely be home today. I think Kevin has that same t-shirt....

Anonymous said...

dan, i gotta tell you - you just have the best attitude. . .thanks for the updates, and the humour you put into them. . .and best of luck to you in (nad your family) during your surgery - you'll be in our thoughts and prayers :)
hugs and <3 jen sanders

Anonymous said...

I heard some noise close to our home...but I didn`t know what was that...now I know...that was YOU.
You were snoring...:))
Have fun at home and have a great sleep
MS