www.flickr.com

Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday? Really?

No concept of regular weekly life around here. Dan's doing great. He didn't sleep so well last night. It seems he needs to pick which evil he wants to deal with. The epidural has a side effect of making you itchy, everywhere. Fortunately they have a drug for that. Unfortunately that drug brings on the pain at his incision site, and keeps you awake. So itching that keeps you up, or pain and no sleep.... Hmmm. He's been a trooper though and walking a lot!

The Dr's were in this morning and wanted to take out the NG tube. Dan really didn't want them too, as he put it he'd rather have it in an extra day than have to have them put it back in. Clearly re-living when they put it in last time was not on his list. This time around the tube was "installed" while he was under, much preferred. So for today they clamp it off and see how he does.

The Dr's also did the unveiling of the new scar! Wow! They call it the Mercedes Benz. Hey if you're gonna do it, go big or go home! Dan's reaction when he saw it I first read as stunned, several moments went by where he just stared at it, I think even the Dr's were worried. True to his character he followed with a "Cool!" And then had me snap a picture.

Overall we are all a little tired today but doing great!

Penny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey tough guy, when do we get to see a picture of that scar?

Dave

Jen, Max & Sophia said...

I love the bit about the scar!!! I too was so excited with my scars and I would love to show them off but I don't think people would really get me flashing them (although maybe some would?):) I am glad to hear you are doing well and I hope the recovery continues to go as planned.
All the best,
Jen