www.flickr.com

Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Start of a Good Day

Its been a good morning. I had a good sleep thanks to my new bed and Penny doing a...

Dan isn't able to finish this but he told me what he wanted to say and asked that I finish. He had a great sleep last night thanks to the blue pill. He's still feeling the effects however and is therefore very drugged right now. Last night I got him all set up with a better bed. This time around he had a newer bed, but frankly it sucked. He was set on sleeping in the chair. So after his night time walk he sat in the chair and I could see he wasn't happy about the outlook for the night. He insisted he was fine. But I went and talked with the nurse and we did a little switch-a-roo with another bed that was empty. He was VERY happy once this was done.
This however just got me in trouble with the day's nurse. Since another patient with the same bed as Dan had is asking to switch hers today, she lied to her and I called her on it.... I have a hard time watching people who are so uncomfortable, having the ability to fix it and the nurse out right lies to her. It SUCKS being at the mercy of others.

This morning Dan got up for a walk, then we were washing him up. Just in the nick of time he got some action in his ostomy bag. This basically sealed the deal for Dan feeling confident enough to take out the NG tube. Not 10 mins later the Dr's were around and ordered it out. Also to our surprise they were able to take out the foley. Last time his epidural block was so low they needed to keep the foley in while he had his epidural. Not so this time. So he lost the NG tube and the foley today. Taking it easy on the liquids and foods though.

After that he was feeling so free he ventured outside. A little sunshine does the body good. What a morning, he's absolutely passed out right now.

Dan would love visitors, pop in anytime. Please don't bring anything though, nothing needed and not much space in this place.

Penny.

1 comment:

Louie said...

We would love to come and see you today but little man is out of sorts (eye tooth) - perhaps on Sunday or Monday we'll swing by for a quick hello.
Way to go Penny on the new bed for Dan - you rock!
S
xo