Today was a great day for me at the hospital. I spent last night without a nose hose or a foley catheter. Waking up without the fear of damaging some much needed and much used organ from a paralyzing first step out of bed was a big relief on the mind. It also made for an easier day mobility wise since every tube removed is one I don't have to haul around with me. Other significant events of the day included my ileostomy returning to service in a noisy and putrid sort of way. I also enjoyed peeing into a toilet. This is always a relieving sight for a guy since standing up to take a leak is one of our unique physical talents.
I had a plethora of visitors today which always makes the day go fast. Penny, as always, was here first thing in the morning to meet with doctors. Like I've said before, having a guy that is flying high on fentanyl and ecstatic that his wiener still works may not be the best guy to send in with the doctors by himself. In the early morning Sandi (Penny's Mom) showed up with Carly and Andrew. They were both excited to see me and I them. I was glad they didn't play strange. They both took turns having a ride on my IV pole.
Thanks so much to everyone else who came by today. It's always great to see family and friends, even if the drugs I'm on make it seem like I can't tell who you are and what planet your from.
No comments:
Post a Comment