Sometimes the truth hurts. This is one of those times.
I goth the results today from my CT scan on the 8th of June. It showed multiple new spots in both of my lungs. The number and location of these spots combined with the fact there are probably more there below the resolution of the scan, means that surgery to remove those spots is is no longer an option. Since surgery is out, it is very unlikely that my particular cancer will be cured (though not totally impossible). People with this type of cancer at this stage typically live 18 months on average. Sometimes more, sometimes less. So it looks like I will be going back on chemotherapy ASAP to try and slow this thing down.
It's crappy news I know. It ruined my day too.
36 comments:
BIG BIG HUG. Love you guys. LOTS and LOTS.
On no.....I can't believe it
Dan you sound so brave on your post.
I don't know what else to say...
Hold on to Penny and kids real tight
Just got the news from James. Still processing as I am sure you guys are too. Talk soon. Love Gill
Dan & Penny,
Keep going and you will be beat this ugly cancer.
I know you you can to this..
Big Hug from
MS
I'm in shock too. Sending you guys so much love.
Big big hugs. xoxo.
Louise
No, no, no, no, NO! This truth is horrible, and shouldn't be happening to you. We know it's a hard fight Dan, but we also know you can beat this thing! We are sending you, Penny, and the kids big hugs.
carly & jason
oh dan, i am so sorry. . .as they said above you are so brave and keep on fighting - big big mental hugs to you and your whole family and if there is anything we can do - PLEASE do not hesitate to ask. . .
hugs and love, jen (currie) sanders
Sending our love and support to all of you. I really don't know what to say except that I'm so sorry to hear your bad news.
Sending all our love to you guys on this, a bad news day.
We love you guys very very much.
xoxoxoxo
Oh guys....man! Thinking of you and praying for you!
Our hearts are with all of you!
Beck & Tony Hill
Dan, big hugs for you and Penny. Keep it strong keep it strong. You will win!
Dariela & Fabio
Dan,
Your fighting spirit lives in all of us. Draw from us all the strength you need to keep up the battle.
Erryl and Sara
Penny and Dan. . .
what to say but that we are thinking of you and your family. You've been through absolute hell and have been such constant (although perhaps unwitting and unknowing) companions on this journey, and we're continually amazed by your strength. We hope you can make the time and space for all of the things in your hearts and minds (both light and dark), and know that you'll be with us (and us with you) as this road continues. Take care of eachother, love eachother, play with your kids, face forward.
You're in our thoughts. . .
Mark and Meghan
You are a friend of a friend and I haven't met you but I cross my fingers the struggle ahead goes as well as possible.
Dan & Penny,
You and your family are in our thoughts now more than ever. Know that your strength which has carried you far continues to thrive in you - you are both remarkable, determined, and resilient individuals - together you are unstoppable.
sending you our support and love,
Marnie & Dave
Dan and Penny,
I can't believe this...
We love you both, all, so much. Thinking the most positive thoughts, and praying for your miracle.
love always,
Sabrina and Mark
Dan
I love how you italicised "on average" - statistics have nothing to do with hope.
Dig deep, my friend.
We're with you!
Geoff and Pam
Many people face great battles.
It's an important part of the human experience.
Some people understandably react in fear, while others stand head-on. It's in the face of battle that you truly discover who you are.
This battle is an opportunity for self discovery, and everyone who knows you, knows WHO you are and admires you.
Sure the battle continues, but many people go through life never truly facing fear, and never truly knowing who they are.
Regardless of what's average. Let's be clear, you are NOT an average guy Dan. If anyone can beat this, it's you.
Greg and Erika
Crappy news indeed. Keep at it you guys. There's a bunch of people out here rooting for you,
Chris
Dan and Penny
Crappy news - let me know if i can help in any way - sending amazing vibes...kia kaha
Love
fiona
I am so sorry to hear this news Dan, for you and your beautiful family.
Dan, with your amazing orb of love and support - and your own amazing strength and determination hope becomes a real weapon to do battle. Hope is a hammer.
We are all with you.
Well I'm not even sure what to say... I second everything written here in these comments (especially the one by Greg & Erika). You are in our thoughts always Dan - please give Penny my love and be sure to squeeze your kids tight!
If anyone can do this Dan, it's you!
Jodi & Aaron
Sorry to hear about more lung mets Dan. Keep fighting this fight with as much courage and strength as you have been and we will all be pulling/praying for you.
I've seen a number of miracles in my career, and hopefully you will be the next.
Hang in there.
Shannon
Dan and Penny,
Please know that we're thinking about you always! I too have seen many miracles in my career and I pray everyday that you are one of them. We'll talk soon. Lots of love.
Nancy and Art
Dan, you have come so far. You can beat this. We are sending positive thoughts and support to both you and Penny.
Dan and Penny
Our hearts go out to you and your family and all of your friends. But....in this day and age nothing is impossible.Your strength is truly inspiring so keep up that fight. You always seem to have a positive attitude and I firmly believe that that attitude will continue to buoy you through this.
You and Penny are an inspiration.
Thinking about you and sending positive vibes every day.
Dennis and Lillian Callan
Dan
You are my Hero. I wish you weren't though. You have courage beyond measure. My prayers are with and for you, Penny, and the kids.
Neilito
All I can say is BEEP that. Cancer sucks.
Gillian
Just wanted to let you know that we are thinking of you, Penny and the family and really sad to hear your news, but you are incredibly strong and we know you can pull through and beat this thing!
Dan that sucks. You always sound so strong in your posts but I know this must be tough. Keep fighting, we are all fighting with you.
Lana
There are so many people rooting for you! Even strangers are leaving you posts. Keep fighting!
Hi Dan and Penny,
Yes, another comment. We don't know what to say. Everyone else has pretty much said it all. We hate that you've had, and continue, to struggle with this crappy crappy crappy disease. We admire you both, your strength and love for eachother. We are thinking of you both and sending you some big teary smiles and hugs.
Kate and Jeff Budden :)
Dan, you are not going through this battle alone - we are all rooting for you and your family to beat this thing - miracles do happen - and if anyone can do this, you can !
Having 3 young children of my own, I know this is tough - but I believe your family's love and passion will guide you to victory !
One day, we will go for the morning coffee run again - with Barett and Brad - I'm buying buddy !
Richard
You and your family are in our prayers and thoughts. Keep fighting.
ask
Dan and Penny,
This is very disappointing news for you all. "Men's best successes come after their disappointments." Henry Ward Beecher. Like many have written before me, I think if anyone can beat this - you two can. I am wishing you every success in your fight. Sending lots of love and kisses. Love Couzzie Josephine xox
You are not the average guy...remember that! Soldier on!!
Post a Comment