www.flickr.com

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Comox Wedding and Surgery Tomorrow

This week has flown by. I haven't had time to make a detailed post of our trip out west so I thought I would post a short summary of our time there instead. So in the spirit of 'less is more' here are the facts:

  • We flew to Comox via Vancouver this time. Not recommended with kids but the flight was half the price of Westjet's direct flight so what are ya gonna do?

  • We stayed with Dave and Katy (thanks) and used their car (thanks) and gave them a decidedly frank introduction to life with 2 kids (sorry).

  • Dave and Ashley's wedding went off perfectly. Penny and a few of Ashley's friends convinced the bride to wear white. The ceremony was intimate and short - exactly what a wedding ceremony should be (in my opinion).

  • Dinner was at the Golf course (Crown Isle) with lots of entertainment for the kids (golf balls and sand traps - luckily they didn't find the golf carts). We retired to Dave and Ashley's place for the reception which actually turned out to be more of a drinking competition.

  • The most shameful part of the night was that we left our kids to sleep at Dave and Ashley's house, in their master bathroom ON THEIR WEDDING NIGHT! We were drunk and didn't want to deal with trying to get car seats into a cab (probably a wise decision) so we left the kids there (but why in the master bathroom of all places?). Luckily Dave passed out before Ashley made it to bed so there was no harm done but we still feel guilty.

  • We had a couple of trips to the beach and river. After one particularly wet episode at the beach with a starfish Andrew rode home naked in your truck Dave. I don't think he peed in there but you'll know for sure after a week of hot weather this summer.

  • Comox is great. I wish we could find some way to live there.

That's about it. I can't wait for our next trip out there.


My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I will ask Penny to post an update here when all is said and done. Thanks for all the warm wishes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun (and funny) trip. Best wishes for today!