It's getting a little frustrating trying to get a date for my surgery. Originally it was supposed to be next Tuesday but I'm not holding my breath on that. I talked on the phone with Dr Buie's scheduling administrator last week and she assured me she was doing everything within her power to get me some surgery time. I paged Dr Buie on Monday and politely reminded him as well that I was still waiting for a date and he said they were doing their best to find the time to slot me in. I know there are cutbacks and what they speak is the truth but it's frustrating to have to sit around waiting. You'd think I was used to that by now...
I spent the day at the hospital yesterday getting a few things done. I had a CT scan to see how things went with the chemo (no results on that for a few weeks yet), picked up a few supplies from the pharmacy, got my port flushed (the port-a-cath equivalent of having your oil changed) and got some exciting new ostomy supplies. Well it's exciting for me anyway. I had been getting severely itchy with my last type of bag so they switched me to a new onewith a different adhesive that is hypoallergenic. So far it's much more comfortable than the old type. Hopefully it proves comfortable in the long run as well.
Tomorrow we're off to Comox for Dave and Ashley's wedding. We're excited about getting out to the coast although the weather forecast is not so great. We are in the midst of packing and have an embarrassingly large pile of stuff to bring. I'll have to go and help Penny get it down to just the bare essentials so they actually let us on the plane. Have a great weekend all!
1 comment:
Have a safe trip and congrats to Dave and Ashley:)
Have fun and drink a lot eh:)
MS
Post a Comment