www.flickr.com

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Night

It's Tuesday night. I had a good day. I had lots of visitors, got my
epidural out, got my iv out, got my pee tube out (the nurse let me
pull it out myself - ouch!), started oral pain meds and ate lots of
real food (can you call hospital food real?). Now i'm high on
painkillers (not as fun as it sounds) and the nurse let me have one of
the magical little blue sleeping pills. So overall i'm feeling relaxed
and comfortable. I'm even a little excited about the prospect of
heading home tomorrow even though I know it is by no means a slam dunk.

See. I told you it was a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, Dan! So happy your recovery has been speedy. Looks like you might be out before we have a chance to visit you...awesome.

Mike and Bridge

Simon said...

Hi Dan,

I've been reading your blog for a while now and I would like to tell you that I really admire your strength, courage and ability to stay strong throughout your battles with this terrible disease. Your blog is inspirational and and real eye-opener.

A few years back, my wife my had thyroid cancer which is by no means the same... but I feel for you and wish you all the best to beat this S.O.B. disease.

Simon