
Well, we all have our bad days. It's been particularly blue in our house the last few days. Not sure why exactly, just is. Dan has always been one of the most strong minded people I've ever known. Nothing ever really got to him. I can get so agitated and steaming mad at so many things, and it's like water off a ducks back for him. I think that's why this is so hard for him. Chemo has so many side effects, and every day we learn about more. I don't know how to coach someone off the bottom that would just never be there if it weren't for cancer. I've been on the bottom in my life, and I have developed many tools to pull myself up again. My 'tools' don't work for someone like Dan. Days like today I long to be normal. I wish for this all to go away.
Okay, we're good, lesson learned... can we have our life back?
Most days Dan and I just plug away at what we need to do to save his life. Surgeries, Chemo, Dr visits, phone calls, drugs, all of it. We just do it. But every now and then, it's like we both stop and see the massive hill we're climbing that seems to grow with every turn. It just gets you down sometimes. These are the hard times. It's not often that we're both struck at the same time. Usually one can pull the other.
I know that at the top of this hill will be the most amazing view, well worth the climb. I'm just tired of climbing today.
Okay, we're good, lesson learned... can we have our life back?
Most days Dan and I just plug away at what we need to do to save his life. Surgeries, Chemo, Dr visits, phone calls, drugs, all of it. We just do it. But every now and then, it's like we both stop and see the massive hill we're climbing that seems to grow with every turn. It just gets you down sometimes. These are the hard times. It's not often that we're both struck at the same time. Usually one can pull the other.
I know that at the top of this hill will be the most amazing view, well worth the climb. I'm just tired of climbing today.
It's funny what a metaphor nature can be. In searching the Internet for a picture to add to this post, I was lifted. Many beautiful sunrises captured out there. 
2 comments:
Your life can be wonderful! You don`t need money, fame or luck to live fabulous life. You just need to open your eyes! Every morning, you get something so precious, no onem can put a price tag on it: a brand new day. That`s 1440 minutes that can be filled to the brim with possibilities for love, joy, success and health. How will you fill yours?
Some good comes from every change. This day is one more step toward your healthier future! Do not give up, we love you and keep climbing your hill..because as Penny said it will be the most amazing view waiting for YOU :)
Life is not about the plans we make, it`s about those beautiful moments that make every day better living.
MS
Just remember, we are all here to help pull you both up that great big hill of life.
You will both get through this, one step at a time...
Love and hugs,
S
Post a Comment