I got my latest treatment yesterday without incident. My blood counts were the best ever (perhaps thanks to the juiceplus I've been taking? - more info on juice plus coming soon) and I was feeling great yesterday before we went in to the hospital.Yesterday morning we went to see Santa at the mall. Carly was ecstatic to see him. Andrew was a little less enthusiastic. He cried for the first minute or two but he became much more manageable after he realized he might get a candy cane out of the deal.
On the cancer front, I have a CT scan booked for Monday the 30th and an appointment with my thoracic surgeon on Wednesday the 2nd (I just made that appointment yesterday - getting an appointment that fast is unheard of; I'm not sure how I got so lucky). The CT scan is to make sure there has been no more spread in my lungs. If things look good I think I'll be having surgery in the new year to remove the spots in my lungs. As I said before, due to the small size of the spots (they range form 2-7mm), he may have to do a procedure in the interim to mark their exact position in my lungs using CT guidance. I'm sure I'll find out all about that when I see my thoracic guy in a week.
This past weekend Penny took the kids to Radium hot springs with our friend Vicky. They had a great time swimming and watching movies and just generally enjoying a change of scenery. Their trip coincided perfectly with the arrival of three of my friends from University (Dave, Dave and Kris) who came out to spend a weekend with me. We had a fantastic time. There were a few trips to the bar, a night out to see Dane Cook (a comedian), some poker and a mysterious charge on my credit card from the "FM cafe". I'm not sure what that's all about. It was a super weekend and my thanks goes out to those guys for spending their hard earned cash to come and see a friend.
Thanks to Janelle Miller for sending me a copy of her recording of Smile. It's very uplifting.
Congratulations to Geoff and Pam on the birth of their son Jude.
Our thoughts continue to be with my Uncle Tim and his family.
There's a little profanity in the following Dane Cook clip but it's funny.
3 comments:
i freakin love dane cook! thanx or the morning laugh and say happy birthday to matt for me. take care
hugs, jen
I've never heard of that Dane guy! Ya ya, I live in a box. But he's funny! I'm glad my Dad never said to get over it and that he was in Korea and he could grow crops with his tears and to take my dress off and end the tea party. That part isn't so funny. Huh, time for me to spend an eve on youtube looking up Dane Cook! Good times...
Oh, and thanks for the shout out. Dad's having a CT scan today too! And he can walk now! Appreciate your help with the questions.
Post a Comment