I just watched the Allouettes win the Grey Cup with a last second field goal. Saskatchewan was definitely the better team on the day but the better team doesn't always win. It reminded me of the 1994 Grey Cup that I went to in Vancouver where BC was playing Baltimore. The game was tied with no time left and Vancouver had possession. Lou Passaglia, the kicker for BC, managed to knock in a 55 yard field goal to win the game. It is probably the best and most exciting live sports play I've ever seen.This past round of chemo went well. It seemed to be better than any of the other rounds so far. I was actually able to function somewhat normally most of the time, although there was the usual amount of nausea, fatigue and terrible mouth taste. I'm not sure what the difference was. Maybe the Juice Plus? Tomorrow will see me up at the crack of dawn to go for my CT scan. Some people get nervous about this sort of thing but it doesn't bother me really. It's so out of my control that I just have to acknowledge that I'm along for the ride. The interesting meeting will come Wednesday when I meet with my thoracic guy (Gelfand) to discuss the results. Can't wait for that. Only one more round of chemo before Christmas! Yahoo!
2 comments:
Hi Dan,
Good luck for your CT Scan tomorrow`s your results, I hope it will be good.
I`m so happy, that you have only 1 more round of chemo left. Try some teaspoon honey for your terrible mouth taste and eat a lot of garlic. Sounds weird, but this little piece of white will help you to power your immmune system. If you do not like, put some honey on the pressured garlic.:)
Be positive and let us know if you need anything please!
Big Hug from MS
Funny - I didn't actually go to the game in 1994 but I was on the team from the Kin dept at SFU that put on the family fun event on the field prior. I remember walking around the field with all these people who looked like giants and had legs up to my armpits (I'm guessing they were the running guys) and the others that looked like tanks (the stopping guys).
It was also an event I will clearly never forget (I was in charge of the 50 yd dash :-))
Also - can hardly wait to get my juiceplus!!
TTYL Gill
Post a Comment