Good news
I just got back from my meeting with Dr. Gelfand. It went as well as possible. He said there was no evidence of new tumors on the CT scan from Monday (yahoo!) and that the existing spots in my lung had shrunk. In fact he said they may be too small to feel during surgery. It's a bit of a conundrum. If you do chemo you shrink the tumors to the point they are so small that surgery may not be possible but a cure is not usually possible without removing all the visible tumors. So here we sit. In the end we decided to go for the surgery but it depends on interventional radiology being able to place a needle in the tumors before surgery (that doesn't sound fun). So Dr Gelfand will talk to the interventional radiology team and make sure they can do it, then he will book my surgery for sometime in January. He also said that with Alberta making cuts left right and centre to health care because of running 1.3 billion dollar deficit, the scheduling of surgery may be delayed a bit. He was still confident that a January date was feasible. Another thing he said was that he didn't really want me to do any more chemo for fear that we may shrink the tumors further making them even harder for him to feel and remove. I can't say I'm sad about that. So we left the meeting feeling pretty good. We will wait for his phone call on Monday to tell us a) if the interventional radiologists think this thing is possible and b) if I have to do chemo on Tuesday. Obviously I'm hoping for a) hell ya and b) no chemo. Tutt out.
6 comments:
That's one for Dan! I know how relieved I am ... I can't imagine how you must be feeling!!!!
WAHOOO!!!!
YEAH!!!!!
It`s amazing news...YEEESSSS
You`re body amazing...celebrate this good news:)
I was waiting all day for your blog news...
No chemooo...Yes YOU WILL KICK THIS CANCER S :0)
MS
WOOT!!!!!!! So happy to hear the fabulous news.
Yeah!!!!!
Great news- that is just awesome!!!
Yaa-hoo!!!
:)
Super positive news, Dan-o! Hope you, Penny and the kids stay warm this weekend. All the best from the two Z's, Bridge and I.
Post a Comment