
I got some good news on Monday. I got a call first thing in the morning from Rose the PET scan booking clerk. She told me that they had a cancellation for this Thursday and that if I wanted the spot it was mine for the taking. I was originally scheduled to have another glue treatment that morning so I had to make a call to the angio booking office and see if they could move it to Friday instead. By some miracle of the medical booking gods, they had a spot at 8am Friday morning. So, I will have my PET scan tomorrow and my glue treatment on Friday.
I'm not entirely sure but I think a friend of Penny's brother Rod had a little something to do with getting my scan moved up. He's an interventional radiologist who works in the Foothills hospital department where I have my glue treatments. I saw him last week when I was in and he introduced himself and said he would "talk to the booking clerks about moving my scan up". I'm not sure what he did if anything but my thanks go out to him none-the-less.
3 comments:
Whoo-hoo!! Great news.
:)
That`s a great news. Keep going and everything will be all right.
Big hug from
MS
Hey Dan! Its Jose'...I have been following your blog and journey. I enjoy the pictures of your beautiful family...they must give you such strength and inspiration! Good luck with the PET Scan...it all brings back so much of Hayley's battle. Your Mom left a message for me on my cottage phone and I do not live there anymore. It was hard to understand as cell phone coverage is terrible on Gabriola..and I could not understand the # she left. Anway..could you please send me her phone #... Telus has no listing for them..or so they say. I admire your strength. I remember Hayley getting annoyed when people said that to her..."you do what you have to do" she said. Anyway..I guess I am just trying to say my thoughts are with you all and fight on! with love, Jose'
Post a Comment