www.flickr.com

Saturday, September 5, 2009

3rd time lucky?


On Thursday I had my 3rd glue treatment to try and seal off the fistula that connects the abscess to my colon. The first two treatments didn't work and the doctors say that it often takes 5 or 6 treatments before it works. They also say that it sometimes doesn't work at all. The whole point of this glue treatment is to prevent the need for more colon surgery which would remove the abscess but also likely result in me having to live with a bag permanently. Honestly at this point I couldn't care less if i have a bad permanently. I would be happy to live to 80 crapping in a bag the whole time. So, I'm booked in for two more glue treatments over the next few weeks. Hopefully one of them works so I can move on to the next phase of my treatment.

No comments: