
This past weekend two of my friends from university bought me a trip out to visit them in Comox BC. Needless to say it was a great time. We went out for a couple of nice suppers, cooked some killer ribs on the BBQ and spent a couple of days cruising about on a boat. A fair amount of alcohol was consumed (I'm not on any meds right now so I could actually partake!) which resulted in an obscene amount of singstar being played. None of us can sing so we were all equally terrible which made it quite fun. On our second night we got asked to tone it down a bit by one of Dave's neighbors. He asked what we were doing and when Dave replied that we were playing a karaoke game he said "That's why it sounds so bad!"
It was also great to catch up with Ashley (soon-to-be wife of Dave #1) and her 9 year old son Levi (a fellow cancer survivor). Levi and I compared war stories and scars. It was also great to see Katie (future wife of Dave #2) who just moved up to Comox from Nanaimo to live with Dave #2. I hope we all get to hang out again soon, perhaps here in Calgary?
Thanks again for a great weekend Dave+Dave
4 comments:
Glad u had fun with the Daves Tuttles!! Oh..the mems! Glad you could get away for awhile:) I am always watchin' for your updates!! You and co' are doing a great job at being warriors!! ttysoon, ade
I hope you guys will be the next Canadian Idol :) Keep going and singing
MS
Just to warn other bloggers - do not open the boat link on full volume sitting in an open office environment:-) Perhaps you sang this song playing singstar and THAT is why Dave's neighbour complained...!
Danny Boy... it was great having you here. Anytime you and your family want to come out to the Coast, just let me know.
Davey #1
PS. F*ck trees, I climb buoys...
PPS. Since your blog there have been some emails asking if we are engaged... I just say I don't like labels.
Post a Comment