www.flickr.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Daniel William Tutt

Tuesday January 18, 1977 5:30pm - 

Tuesday May 27, 2014 11:07am 

He's gone, and nothing will ever be the same again. 


We love you Dan, we miss you already, and none of us will ever forget you. 

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

The world has just lost a truly amazing person. My deepest condolences to you, Penny, as well as to Carly, Andrew, Brad, and all of your family.

Loriann Pedersen

Anonymous said...

My deepest condolences to you, Penny, to your children, and to Dan's parents and family. Dan was truly a unique soul and such a kind person. He will be missed...
God bless you and your family forever more.
Burdine Rex

Anonymous said...

You have been in our thoughts constantly Penny. Our deepest condolences to you and the kids. He will be missed!!

Mark and Meghan Callan said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew, Brad, and all of your family and friends: we can't imagine the sadness in your hearts today as we only knew Dan through some shared circumstances. But what came through in our brief correspondence and Dan's honest and open blog showed what a good man he was. A good dad, husband, son and friend (among many other things).

This never makes any sense. May you find peace in it somewhere. Our love goes out to you today.

Marnie Williamson said...

There are no words to express, just love for you Penny, for your children, for Dan's family, your family and everyone who was blessed with the gift of Dan's friendship. You are so right, nothing will ever be the same again. You are in my thoughts and I'm wishing you any sort of comfort you may find.
Marnie

Anonymous said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew and Brad, there are no words to express how deeply sorry so many of us are today. Sad, angry, blessed to have been touched by this incredible man. He was special and touched so many lives. What a tremendous loss.

Thinking of you and Dan's parents at this difficult time.

Sending love and prayers to you all,
Michelle Alcantara

Anonymous said...

Peace and love to you.
Erryl+Sara

Yorgo said...

So sorry, Penny.

He was one of my favourite patients, and one of the most amazing people I ever knew.

My heart just breaks.

Anonymous said...

There are no words. I have all of you in my thoughts right now.
S.

Anonymous said...

Our hearts are heavy tonight. We will cherish the times we spent with Dan - his generosity of spirit, kindness, and humour will be remembered.

There are no words to adequately convey our deepest of sympathies to all of you.

With love in our hearts,
Heidi, Mike, Sophie, & Aida Sharek

Anonymous said...

We too have heavy hearts today. Though I never met Dan his blog was such a clear picture of his kindness and fun loving spirit. We will have you in our thoughts and prayers today and for many days to come.

Kathy Dubbeldam

Katrina said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew, and Brad, we are thinking of you all and the magnificent Dan on a very tough day. Heartbroken to hear the news this morning and can not imagine how challenging this is for you. This world has lost an amazing fella. All our love and support is sent your way from NZ.

Love,
Kat and Guy.

Anonymous said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew & Bradley... you have been in our thoughts constantly... it is true that there are no words to truly convey the heartbreak. Dan was very clearly an amazing, loving, strong man, father & husband. He has been nothing short of an inspiration during the past 6 years fighting with an unbelievable determined strength. Penny you were his rock!

Sending you and all of your families Love & Strength during this time!

Love, Jodi, Aaron, Ryleigh & Blake Dupont

Anonymous said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew, Brad, Nicky,Bruce and all the family we are so sorry, and are with you in our thoughts and prayers. You have all been such an inspiration to us in dealing with Dan's illness.Dan was an amazing guy!
Mary Nall and Eric Bonham

Anonymous said...

Penny,
Thank you for opening your world up to all of us. Your journey was filled with laughter, living in the moment, lots of love, and heartbreak. You and Dan taught the rest of us how to live a little bit better. It is very unfortunate that we experienced this by the loss of a great man.
Our thoughts are always with you.
Dwayne Smith

Anonymous said...


Penny and Family,

I am so so sorry to hear of Dan's passing. I knew him from Camp Sunrise. He was truly special and this world and those in it will miss him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family today and for the next steps in your lives.

Linnea

Anonymous said...

The stars are not wanted now; put away every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
--W. H. Auden

I'm sorry for your loss. Dan was everything good. Positivity, strength, humorous, genuine and kind. He inspired and his life will be felt for generations.

Anonymous said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew, Bradley and the rest of the Tutt family,

My deepest sympathy to all of you. I will always remember Dan's big smile and positive outlook on life. He was an incredible guy and touched all of our lives in a very special way.

Rest in Peace Dan.

Love
Natalie Setoguchi

Ben Makar said...

Penny,
Dan leaves behind fond memories for us all. His passing is really hard to accept as he had so much spirit, drive, compassion, and cared about the things that matter most - certainly a good role model for all of us. I feel fortunate for knowing Dan, working with him, sharing many good laughs, and seeing our kids play alongside each other at the Westside rec pool. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

God Bless
Ben & Lauren Makar

Anonymous said...


Thank you for sharing your lives with us, Penny. Dan was and will always be awesome, in the truest sense of the word.

You and your family are in our thoughts now and always.

Megan & Aaron Santucci

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your loss. You are an amazing family. I think that by letting people in to your lives like you have has taught us all a lot. And I think the awareness will help to prevent others from dying from cancer at some point. I thought you should know that. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I never met Dan or your beautiful family but I feel like I know you. I was introduced to this blog because I have a friend currently battling similar circumstances. I feel great sorrow for the loss of this loving and doting family man. If it has affected me this much, I can't fathom the pain you are feeling right now but I wish for that void to eventually be filled with good memories and love. May time heal you and your family. Much love.

Anonymous said...

Penny I'm broken hearted for you. You have been so brave and I've been amazed by your strength throughout this battle. Dan was so kind, generous and thoughtful and truly a person to admire. You and the kids are in our hearts and our minds right now and we are missing Dan beside you.
Much love, Megan, Rob, Toni, Lola and Gigi

Anonymous said...

Penny please take care of yourself through this incredibly difficult time. Your kids depend on your but don't forget about taking time for yourself to go through the emotions that you're feeling. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Dan seemed like an amazing person and you seemed like an even more amazing team. Rest In Peace Dan.

Anonymous said...

Dear Penny and family,
I was so sorry to read about Dan's passing. I used to work with Dan at Encana a few years ago and I thought he was a very nice man. Colon cancer runs in my family. Colonoscopies aren't fun but I do it every three to four years.

You and your family are very brave. I think the blog was very worthwhile. It was a lesson in how to live your life. God bless you all.

Anonymous said...

I have read Dan's blog this past year and was amazed at his positive attitude even through the difficult times. I want to thank you both for sharing your journey. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew and Bradley
My deepest sympathies to all of you. Dan was such an incredible man, and his blog postings showed us all what a wonderful father and loving family man he was. I was inspired by his writings, and how he shared his difficult journey with grace, strength and humour. He really did show us how to live from the heart. You are in my thoughts and prayers today and in the hard days to come.

Love & Light
Jean Lucas & family

Anonymous said...

Tutt family,

I worked with Dan briefly at Encana years ago and always found him to be such a warm, welcoming soul. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. My family is facing terminal cancer right now too and taking a look through this blog certainly helps me feel less alone and lost on the dark days. I wish I had words that could help ease your pain right now.

Sarah.

Anonymous said...

We were blessed to know Dan.
Penny your example of strength and love is a legacy of this journey to your children.

Friends who want to continue their support of the Tutts please go to Tutt Family Fundraiser site for information, updates and donations.

Tuttfamily.ca

Saturday October 25, 2014 fundraiser

Unknown said...

We are thinking of you all. Our deepest sympathies.

Laurelle, Lande and the boys

Mark said...

Dan was Awesome.

Love to you all.

Gillian,Mark and Archer Lawson

Anonymous said...

Penny I love the comment about your dedication and unwavering love through this incredibly difficult journey. This strength will get you through your darkest days. Dans love for you and your family is forever embodied in this blog. Truly incredible.

Anonymous said...

Penny

I used to work with you at Conoco Phillips and more recently at EnCana where Dan worked. I ran across his blog by accident on the EnCana Yellow pages and was shocked and saddened to learn of his diagnosis. However, as I kept reading over the last few years, what struck me was how he was living such a full and focused life - spending time with family and friends and on the things that mattered most. His kindness and humour and generosity of spirit shone through his blog. I have run into both of you over the years at various events (our kids both go to Battalion Park) and I have never had the courage to say anything regarding reading the blog and therefore knowing about Dan's illness. But you have been in my thoughts constantly and I can only begin to imagine what you are going through. Please know that this blog has inspired many people to live life to their fullest - just like Dan did. Wishing you peace and healing as time goes by.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew and Bradley, we are so sorry for your loss. Dan was an absolutely amazing man and has taught us so much through his blog. Thank for allowing us to be part of his life through it and we are thinking of you during this difficult time.

Stefan Humphries and family

Anonymous said...

Penny, Carly, Andrew, Bradley and Tutt and family, please know that you are in our hearts. No words seem to be right. May the memories and all of Dan's beautiful photos keep him with you always.

Jen and Brent Chmilar

Dan Wood said...

Penny, there are no words I can say. I am deeply saddened by your loss. I was fortunate to have met Dan over coffee and lunch a few times over the past months. It was awesome being able to have someone like Dan to talk to. He helped me navigate this piece of shit disease with his positive outlook and experience. I will never forget him and my thoughts are with you, your children and as well as the countless family and friends Dan has.
Love,
Dan, Renee and Audrey Wood

Anonymous said...

Penny,

I never formally met Dan, just saw him in the halls here at Encana but I had heard about his story and began reading his blog. This was 3 years ago and I had continued to follow his journey but was too embarassed to introduce myself and let him know how inspiring I found him to be. I regret now that I did not do that but I wanted to tell you that I found him to be one of the most amazing people I never met. His stories of hope and upbeat days were encouraging and always made me smile. I was deeply saddened to hear that he had passed and I wanted to extend my condolences and let you to know that I think of you and your family everyday.

Rochelle

Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to hear this Penny; we are all made better for knowing Dan and from reading your incredible blog.

I hope you are as well as can be.

Randy W.

Anonymous said...

I never met Dan, and I only found this blog because it was listed on a friend's blog. I started reading it around the time that one of my good friends got cancer--as a way to deal with it. As a result, I have been reading Dan's story for many years, hoping and wishing that one day we'd all get word that the cancer was gone. Now in these moments of reflection for a man I never met, I feel relief that his pain is over, but great sadness at his passing. Please know that he will never be forgotten.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of Dan's passing. He was a tremendous fighter and impressed me from the first day I met him on Unit 6. Penny and he made up one of the strongest teams I have seen face the fight against this terrible disease.
Much love to all those who have suffered this incredible loss.
Shannon L., RTT

Anonymous said...

A man has won in life when he has loved and been loved by his wife, his children, his parents and siblings. He has good friends both close and far. He has shared his life and educated those who wanted to know how things were with him and his family. He has boldly faced the trials placed before him and preserved in spite of everything. Dan’s battle has ended but he was a winner in life.
Thank you for sharing your lives with all of us. Karen Donham