www.flickr.com

Saturday, May 17, 2014

On Getting Outside and Back Again

These past few days in the Tutt household have been good. We've managed to get outside onto the deck as well as to take advantage of some of the outpatient palliative care services including nursing, social resources and physiotherapy. As I've posted before, the getting outside part seems to be particularly helpful in fostering those optimistic thoughts that I desperately need right now. It has been a chore re-learning how to transfer between bed-wheelchair-chair-toilet. It's incredibly frustrating re-learning something you were proficient at just a few weeks ago.

Over the upcoming weekend we have lots of visits scheduled with friends and family. It's great to feel that support and we are totally looking forward to seeing everyone here (in moderation). Hopefully this will also provide opportunities for more outside deck visits.

On a somewhat related note, I'm finding it hard to type these days. I still have some peripheral numbness in my fingers from chemo long ago but I also have to prick a finger 4 times per day to check my blood sugars. I suppose I can't blame poor grammar on that, but I will gladly use the excuse  for any posts that seem incomplete or simple.

Here are a few pictures from the past few days:








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being outside & having the warmth of the sun on your bod is good for the soul. It takes you to your Happy Place (well it does me).

Enjoy your visitors this weekend, I hope they behave :) Sending much love, N & H xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Dan - looks like you've been enjoying some nice weather! Have a wonderful weekend with your visitors. Miss you guys and sending lots of love,

Louise