Finally feeling a little like writing an update after a few days of feeling like hell.
I'm in the hospital and have been for a week or so. It seems my body is dealing with an overwhelming onslaught of crap from my cancer. There has been lots of spread to areas that are not good (is any area good?) which means pain and lots of other unwanted symptoms. I seem to have some of those in control while others not so much. I'm dealing with diabetes and pain and liver stress and tumours in the liver and lungs and brain and pancreas and on top of my kidney. Some of theses things are causing problems but some are not but the picture they all paint is not a good one. The plan is to get home on a pass maybe this weekend and then get home on a more permanent basis early next week. History has taught me that this is just a plan and plans will change so I suppose this goes more in the "hope" category.
The kids came up last night for a visit and to hang out on the unit. They were here for 3 or 4 hours and had a blast. The recreation/family education person Tracy helped do some teaching with them on the palliative end of things while doing crafts and painting toes and playing games. It was a great time for them and a learning experience for all.
So thats where things are at as of today. A turn for the worse is the phrase you're looking for. I'm on a beautiful unit here and am still enjoying the good times hanging out with my family and friends here. It's tiring at times but good. Sorry as always for so many non replies via text or email but thanks to all of you. I will update again as I can.
1 comment:
Dan,
Enjoy your day with your family. You are an amazing man and stronger than you think.
Keep going and kick this cancer s.
Big hug from MS
Post a Comment