Penny, I went to UVic with you and have been meaning to leave a comment for you and Dan for a long time. Firstly, happy birthday! Secondly, I wanted to say that I've read all of Dan's posts and I can't believe what you have been through together and as a family. You're both so strong and your story has made an impact on me. You're both in my thoughts.
Hi Dan & Penny. I've been following Dan's blog for a while now, ever since we saw each other again at Deana's place a few years ago. Although we haven't had a chance to connect again (Penny, we never did go for that coffee, did we?!), I have been quietly reading, rejoicing, cheering, commiserating, crying, hoping and praying along with you all as you have shared your life with us through this blog. I'm in awe of the strength that you have displayed Dan, with all of the forms of treatments you have endured to fight this horrible disease. I'm in awe of you Penny, as you stand right beside Dan and your three wonderful children, with strength that no one can possibly imagine.
From your blogs, I know that you are surrounded by great friends and family, who have supported you throughout. I hope that I can add my name to that list of people, if ever you need anything. I wish I had a magic wand that I could wave to make you better, Dan. I think everyone wishes that.
I hope that birthday sorbet was delicious, Penny, and I wish you a beautiful birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday!
Dan, thank you for sharing your words with me/us through this blog. You've made an impact on many lives, including mine. I remember all the times I saw you at MRU, taking the kids to music class, I remember seeing you at Tom Baker when I went with my aunt to her appoint with Dr. Lupichuk (it was so nice to see a friendly face!) and I especially remember seeing you at Al & Deana's and getting all excited to see you at my neighbour's place (I think my husband was a little jealous that day, lol!). Your warm smile and gracious nature always shines through.
There are truly no words I can say to comfort you. I read Dan's blog regularly and am in awe of his positive outlook, your entire family for that matter. We love you so very much and wish you love, light and peace, you are in my prayers always. Thank you for letting us in and sharing your story so that we may learn or be aware of his battle. Your friends are here for you, not just the positive days, the bad days too. You are an incredible family and I knew that from day one at Wondertime with sweet Andrew!
A beautiful photo! We have also, read your blog often Dan and followed your journey. You are an amazing, positive, and strong person - husband, father, friend. We love you. And our heart breaks for you guys. You are an inspiration Dan. And you too Penny. Cancer sucks. It just sucks. And did you ever battle it. If there is ever anything you need, please do not hesitate to call us. It would be our pleasure. Happy Birthday Penny. And a giant hug for you Dan. Love Jeff, Kate, Annie, Ryan, and Sarah
Dan and Penny - As always I am at a loss at to what to say to you guys. I went to high school with Dan and Matt, although I'm sure neither of them will remember me. I have followed your blog and was happy to see that you seemed to be beating this thing!! So I carried on and forgot to check in. By chance I saw your blog again yesterday and deeply saddened to discover that while my life took its normal humdrum course through normal boring stuff, you were back in the battle for your life, and this time with less triumphs. And yet still you are both taking what life has to offer and making the best of it. Like everyone else on your blog, I am amazed and stumped as to how you do it. So I wanted to make sure I thanked you for being a shining example and for teaching me that what God has given - life and family - is a gift not to be taken lightly, and to be valued, enjoyed and cherished as the most precious gift of all. May He have your back in all your travels, both now and always.
8 comments:
Penny, I went to UVic with you and have been meaning to leave a comment for you and Dan for a long time.
Firstly, happy birthday!
Secondly, I wanted to say that I've read all of Dan's posts and I can't believe what you have been through together and as a family. You're both so strong and your story has made an impact on me. You're both in my thoughts.
LOVE <3 N,A & H xxx
Hi Dan & Penny. I've been following Dan's blog for a while now, ever since we saw each other again at Deana's place a few years ago. Although we haven't had a chance to connect again (Penny, we never did go for that coffee, did we?!), I have been quietly reading, rejoicing, cheering, commiserating, crying, hoping and praying along with you all as you have shared your life with us through this blog. I'm in awe of the strength that you have displayed Dan, with all of the forms of treatments you have endured to fight this horrible disease. I'm in awe of you Penny, as you stand right beside Dan and your three wonderful children, with strength that no one can possibly imagine.
From your blogs, I know that you are surrounded by great friends and family, who have supported you throughout. I hope that I can add my name to that list of people, if ever you need anything. I wish I had a magic wand that I could wave to make you better, Dan. I think everyone wishes that.
I hope that birthday sorbet was delicious, Penny, and I wish you a beautiful birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday!
Dan, thank you for sharing your words with me/us through this blog. You've made an impact on many lives, including mine. I remember all the times I saw you at MRU, taking the kids to music class, I remember seeing you at Tom Baker when I went with my aunt to her appoint with Dr. Lupichuk (it was so nice to see a friendly face!) and I especially remember seeing you at Al & Deana's and getting all excited to see you at my neighbour's place (I think my husband was a little jealous that day, lol!). Your warm smile and gracious nature always shines through.
Thank you for being you, Dan.
With warmest thoughts and wishes,
Devina
There are truly no words I can say to comfort you. I read Dan's blog regularly and am in awe of his positive outlook, your entire family for that matter. We love you so very much and wish you love, light and peace, you are in my prayers always. Thank you for letting us in and sharing your story so that we may learn or be aware of his battle. Your friends are here for you, not just the positive days, the bad days too. You are an incredible family and I knew that from day one at Wondertime with sweet Andrew!
Hugs, Wendy and Jack
Sweet! Glad you guys made it to this day.. bday sorbet - hooray! xoxo Amelia
A beautiful photo! We have also, read your blog often Dan and followed your journey. You are an amazing, positive, and strong person - husband, father, friend. We love you. And our heart breaks for you guys. You are an inspiration Dan. And you too Penny. Cancer sucks. It just sucks. And did you ever battle it.
If there is ever anything you need, please do not hesitate to call us. It would be our pleasure.
Happy Birthday Penny. And a giant hug for you Dan.
Love Jeff, Kate, Annie, Ryan, and Sarah
King Tutt,
My dear friend.
Hate to see you in this awful position, fighting this horrible disease.
You must know that you continue to inspire. Your perseverance has been nothing short of remarkable. You have climbed Everest.
Don't beat yourself up for having bad days.
You are a forever champion. So when your fists get tired from fighting, use mine.
Wish we were bombing down a ski hill, on a mountain bike trail, or around a camp fire.
Lots of love, buddy. I promise I'm with you.
Take care,
dseabass
Dan and Penny - As always I am at a loss at to what to say to you guys. I went to high school with Dan and Matt, although I'm sure neither of them will remember me. I have followed your blog and was happy to see that you seemed to be beating this thing!! So I carried on and forgot to check in. By chance I saw your blog again yesterday and deeply saddened to discover that while my life took its normal humdrum course through normal boring stuff, you were back in the battle for your life, and this time with less triumphs. And yet still you are both taking what life has to offer and making the best of it. Like everyone else on your blog, I am amazed and stumped as to how you do it. So I wanted to make sure I thanked you for being a shining example and for teaching me that what God has given - life and family - is a gift not to be taken lightly, and to be valued, enjoyed and cherished as the most precious gift of all. May He have your back in all your travels, both now and always.
Lindsey (Goodwin) Cupelli
Post a Comment