www.flickr.com

Monday, January 18, 2010

Thirty-Three

The picture above is from when Penny and I were on the Oz experience bus together in Australia in 2001. Ah the days when we were tanned and young...
Sometimes I feel much older than 33 and sometimes much younger. I haven't decided how old I feel yet today. Today I got to sleep in, got to go out for lunch (mmm Burger King!) and judging by the smell of things around here, Carly and Penny are baking a cake. It's a laid back birthday but a good one.

I'm feeling much better now after my latest round of chemo but my butt drain is giving me issues. I think it's out of place and/or infected. I'm back on the antibiotics for now but if things get worse or don't get better I will have to go into emergency and try to see my Dr. (I'm hoping things improve so I can just see him next week at our regularly scheduled appointment). For now though it feels like someone left their car keys in my rectum then gave me a Tabasco sauce enema. Good times.

I have another acquaintance who today is going through the exact same colon surgery that I had. I just want to wish her and her family good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

4 comments:

Astrid said...

Happy Birthday Dan! You guys look so young!

Anonymous said...

I know you say otherwise, but I swear you two look the same! Can't believe that was almost ten years ago, nuts. Wishing you a very happy 33rd! xx Sabrina, Mark, Ciara and Sophie

Lana said...

Happy Birthda Dan! Hope your cake was yummy. Tabasco enema souds like fun, hopefully that is remedied soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy funny birtday for you:) Did you have some leftover cake :)
MS