Carly suggested we make Barbie and the Three Musketeer masks (she's watched the movie lots lately and says she wants to be a musketeer when she grows up) this afternoon so we did. They turned out pretty well and we had lots of fun doing musketeer training (lead by Carly of course).
Penny and I spent the day at the hospital yesterday. We had appointments scheduled with both my medical oncologist and my colorectal surgeon. They went well but I have drain issues that need to be addressed.
As I've mentioned in previous posts, I've been having lots of pain with my drain. We initially thought it was just an infection but the antibiotics I tried (Cipro and Avelox) which have worked in the past, didn't seem to stop the acute pain. When I met with the Drs. they were both quite alarmed at the pain level and the decision was made to take the drain out soon and try and have some repair-the-colon-hole surgery ASAP. That also means I didn't get chemo today (my blood levels were borderline too low anyways). I can't say I'm too sad about that but it means following surgery my treatments will continue until the end of March at least, if not longer.
I was supposed to hear back from my colorectal guy today but apparently he's been very busy (it's a surgery day for him). He didn't even answer my page. He did allude yesterday to the fact that I may be able to have the repair surgery this week if he can squeeze it in. I sure hope it works out that way and I sure hope he calls me tonight with a plan. It's frustrating being in limbo having no concrete idea of what's going on. Until that happens I'll be sitting at home popping antibiotics and pain killers waiting for the call. I'll update again when I know more.

1 comment:
Thinking of all of you and hoping for good news! Have you tried any progressive muscle relaxation for the pain? It might be effective in conjunction with the pain meds. You could zone out to some Matt Good at the same time. (my husband and I love Matt Good!) Just a thought! Take good care.
Your Edmonton Stranger Friend,
Heidi
Post a Comment