It's been a busy 24 hours around here. The pain in my drain has been slowly getting better over the past few days. I think the nerve pain blocker gabapentin is working to stop the pain. I haven't needed any percoset this morning for the pain and I think I will be able to deal with it until Tuesday when I have my surgery (Yes Tuesday!). I won't go into details about what they plan on doing (I'm not even 100% sure myself what the procedure entails) since it's a very sensitive area to operate on... But suffice it to say I'm happy that I have a surgery date in hand and I can finally look forward to getting this darn drain out. Ya hoo!
I had a scary happening last night in the wee hours of the morning. I woke up at 2:00 with terrible cramping pains in my abdomen. The pain came in waves and it felt like I had to make a trip to the bathroom but of course nothing comes out the bottom end. Nothing was coming out into my ileostomy bag either which is unusual. I spent the next 9 hours huddled on the couch in extreme pain. It felt like that scene in Alien when the creature comes out of the guys stomach. Finally around 11:00am the pain stopped with a gush of stuff into my bag. Apparently I had had a partial blockage of my small intestine. I had heard that this was a possibility with ileostomies but I have been lucky thus far not to have to deal with one. I'm glad its over and I hope to never have another one again. Fingers crossed.
Tuesday's surgery should be a simple in and out of the hosiptal procedure. I should be home that night. I plan on celebrating by sitting in a hot tub and going for a swim (I haven't been able to submerge the drain since I had it put in 8 months ago). Anyone have a hot tub out there? I can bring beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment