www.flickr.com

Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday update


Kissing the moose, originally uploaded by DPC Tutt.

This round of chemo seems to be going better than the last. I've been taking more anti-nausea meds than last time which could be the difference. As usual, I can't wait for next week when I know I'll be feeling better. My butt drain has been acting up lately. I've had a little pain when moving around which could mean another infection is moving in. I see my colorectal surgeon (Dr. Buie) in a week or so and I hope he will suggest pulling the darn thing out and seeing what happens. I'm also hoping to talk with him about the possibility of scheduling surgery for reversing my ileostomy. Ideally I would have it scheduled for late May or early June so that I could have the summer to 'recover'. If that were the case and everything went well I could be back at work in September! That would be great. That's all for now. If you have a chance you should check out Jessica Watson's blog. She's the 16-year-old that's attempting to sail by herself around the world non-stop. Yesterday she rounded Cape Horn and posted a few pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing news, wow you will be back to work in September:))
Congrats and keep your energy for the summer recovery.
Wow I`m so happy for you
MS

Facilitator said...

Awesome news! Keep us posted on the damn drain, hopefully that's on it's way out:)
The retro pictures rock! I love them both so far... keep them coming!!
xo Louis Fam
PS My folks are on the plane to New Zealand tonight:)