For those of you keeping tract of my issues, I seem to have found the reason for my obstructed small bowel (see previous post for details). I think it was the sprouts we ate in the Vietnamese food last night. The dish I (lemongrass stir fry with vegetables) was very good but it was absolutely loaded with sprouts. Not to go into too much detail, sprouts come out very much the way they go in. Having a food like that that does not break down and is long and stringy makes for a painful obstruction if you eat too many. So in the future I will be more careful to avoid those evil little vegetable blockage-makers.The picture (by Neil Godfrey) is from a field trip to Utah in 2006.
3 comments:
Bad Pho! Dangerously delicious? Great news that you've got a surgery date and that it's asap. You'll be in our thoughts on Tues.
Wow, sooner or later you will be a doctor.
I`m glad you hear about your surgery date..finger cross and pray for you.
Use potassium permanganat for your sitting tub (they will be purple) it help to reduce pain and sanitize your sensitive area.
Good luck for you Tuesday !
MS
Oh I know about those sprouts - cashews and raw vegetables can be painful too - still are even with the ileostomy reversal - I'm warning you! Good luck this week.
Carol
Post a Comment