www.flickr.com

Monday, February 16, 2009

A slight change

Dan was great on the lowered pain dosage. So we've left it there. More waiting on our part. Some good news that the ileo seemed to wake a little today. More fluids out and the big finally... Gas!!! This is what they like to see. Still needing his NG tube though, sucking the fluid and gas out of his stomach. They weighed Dan today. Hilarious, as he's gained weight, can you believe it? I'm sure it's the fluids they are pumping in.

All Dan fantasizes about is drinking from a cold stream. Or jumping in a nice cold lake. He was talking to me a little more tonight which was nice. I have missed him. He was again resting well when I left.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go for putting your brains together to try another angle at getting his insides working again! I hope that's the answer. Sounds like it's been rough. Stay strong - all of you!
Jen

Louie said...

Great - this sounds like the corner we've been waiting for him to turn.
GO DAN GO!!!
xo

Lori said...

We know you can beat this, Dan. Thanks for the updates, Penny.

We are sending our positive thoughts and cheering you on!

Anonymous said...

Stay strong Dan and Penny, you and your family will get through this.

Happier days are coming.

Sending love and healing thoughts to you both, Kevin.

Anonymous said...

You guys are doing great!

I can only imagine how hard this is for everyone. Stay strong and positive Mr. Tutt: You are a champ!

Godspeed for all facets of recovery. Sending my very best, Dave S.

Anonymous said...

Great news - it took me 2 days after morphine stopped before I even got gas...so Dan is very efficient. XXX Fiona