They have me on the list for a CT scan today. The purpose will be to evaluate the effectiveness of the drain that was placed near my rectum to see if it has drained all the fluid it was supposed to. If it has done its job and the fluid is gone then hopefully I can get this drain tube out. Its a real pain in the butt and makes sleeping and sitting very painful. They say the CT machines are overbooked today so I may not make the list to go today but I should at least be able to make it first thing tomorrow.
Penny was here this morning and we had a great discussion with all my doctors today. We discussed the plan for the next few days and we all seemed happy with the outlook. It's funny because the program from here on out is not very scientific. I need to get off all immodium and codeine before I go home and still maintain a reasonably low ostomy output so I don't get dehydrated or develop an electrolyte imbalance. But the exact timing of the removal of those drugs and what is considered "reasonable low" ostomy output, varies from Dr to Dr. So all my doctors have slightly different ideas on the timing of my recovery plan. It can be quite frustrating to ask the same question to five different doctors and get five different answers.
1 comment:
It's the same for geologists too though isn't it? 5 different geo's look at a log or a core and they have 5 different answers ...
Don't even mention geophysicists!
Post a Comment