www.flickr.com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Feeling ok

I'm feeling pretty good today. Things seem to be going well. I was even able to eat 3/4 of my egg salad sandwich for lunch! There has been talk of me getting out of here on a day pass for tomorrow but I will believe that when I see it. The plan is to do another CT scan on Monday and see if my drain has drained all that it was supposed to. If it hasn't then they will reposition it and keep monitoring it for another few days. My guts are waking up slowly and seem to be getting used to the idea of processing food. I'm still not back to normal but I'm miles ahead of where I was ten days ago.

I hope you're all staying warm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan - you are doing awesome and your approach to one day at a time is a great way to keep your mood up and a smile on your face.
I understand you were able to go home today for a bit and I'm sure it was great just to have a change of scenery and take in some familiar sites/smells. We are right behind you every day, every minute and continue to send energy, prayers, thoughts and strength your way. Wondering if you have your blackberry with you to check email or if this is the best way to get a message to you?
James is heading to Fernie tomorrow to catch up with Rod and gang for some snowmobiling (apparently you need balls to attend). Em and Jamie have swimming lessons and we're going to Brazilian Carnival tomorrow night to check out some traditional (Calgary style) brazilian dancing and food. Carla (new nanny) is amazing and a wonderful person to have around the house and looking after the kids. We are very blessed to have found her.
Lots of love
Gill James and Gang.