Today has been a good day. I managed to eat a bit at each meal and the nausea seems to have passed, for now. On the downside my drain is painful still. It hurts to do just about everything except lie in bed (and even that hurts sometimes too!). I went for a walk today with my dad and I felt quite sore. Up to now walking has been relatively painless. Monday will be the day we find out what will happen with the drain. They will either pull it out after deducing that it has served its purpose OR they will re-position it to get some more fluid out. Obviously pulling it out is my preference!
I have had lots of visitors today. Penny spent the morning with me just hanging out. Even though I'm stuck in the hospital I still appreciate every second we spend together. Her mere presence relaxes me and makes the time pass in a pleasurable way. Vicky came to visit just before noon. She did some reiki on me which is also very relaxing, in fact I fell asleep half way through. Thanks Vicky, its such a relaxing experience and I truly appreciate the time and effort you put out each week to come and see me. My dad showed up this afternoon. It was great to hang out and chat and play cards. It was a relaxing time. Penny's mom Sandi came by too for a short visit. Overall its been great to have visitors as it takes my mind off what's going on. So if any of you are up for a trip to hospital it would be great to see you. See Penny's post below for the details of my location.
2 comments:
Dan! I'm so glad to hear that you are up for visitors. And happy to know you have such great friends in Calgary. AND that you have such a wonderful wife! Keep up the good eating and resting. Sending lots of love your way, love Jose xoxx
Hey Dan:
You look great today. Hope all the tests went well and relatively pain-free. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow. You'll have to write to MacDonald's after this is all done and share with them the new recovery diet. They may be able to use a new marketing slant for their high calorie foods!!
Lots of love
Gill
Post a Comment