Today has been good and bad so far. The best part was that Penny was able to spend all morning here (6am-1pm) to help me talk to the doctors, have a pseudo shower and shave and talk over the treatment. I had my CT scan last night and it showed that not all the fluid had been drained out of the collection near my rectum. So the doctors are talking about sending me back down to have my drain re-positioned. The prospect of this is not a nice one in my brain. It is very painful to lie on the CT machine while they play with repositioning the drain. They will give me something for the pain but it never really does the trick. I guess on the bright side, they have identified a problem and prevented it from getting much worse than it is now. As much as I hate being in here I would hate more to be home for a couple of days only to return to the ER in lots of pain and have to wait for a bed.
My ostomy output has increased again to around 2L/day which is twice what it should be. This combined with my distended belly caused my doctors to pull me off food for now. We are playing a waiting game with my guts, gently urging them to get back working as usual. I really hope it all happens soon. So now with my drain needing repositioning and my food intake cutoff it seems heading home might not be in the cards for this week. I won't even posit a guess this time as to when that will happen. I'm just taking it one day at a time.
2 comments:
Ugh. But you have a good attitude - one day at a time. Soon, this will all be in the past and you'll be back at home in the arms of your loving family.
xo
Stay positive Dan! All will work out and you'll be home soon:)
Post a Comment