I'm feeling much better these days but things still aren't working 100% as designed. I'm only connected to this hospital by 2 IV lines these days which is much fewer than last week. It makes for much better mobility too so I can walk around and get out of bed much more easily theses days. My ostomy output has slowed significantly so I can manage it pretty well myself. My main complaints are 1) my stomach is still distended and sore. It's hard to eat more than a few bites at a time without feeling full. 2) the drain they put through my bum muscles into the space near my rectum is very sore. It seems I'm always sitting on it or sleeping on it and it is very sensitive. Hopefully the drain will come out soon. It's looking like I will be here for the better part of the week at least but only time will tell.
I'm actually able to enjoy parts of my days here now. I have met a few other patients in similar circumstances and we spend our days comparing notes. My roommate is an 86 year old hockey aficionado. He loves watching the Flames and has a grandson who plays for the Oilers farm team. His family is very close and there is a constant stream of loving, caring visitors through our room. He spent a good portion of his life volunteering in junior hockey around the city. A couple of years ago the city, in recognition of his efforts, named an arena after him. I think the Murray Copot arena is somewhere in the northeast part of the city.
Happy Monday!
5 comments:
So glad to see you are back blogging ... You are looking good and cancer free!
Great pic cousin Dan! Glad you have an entertaining roommate; it can make all the difference, can't it? That tube sounds like a pain in the butt. Which it IS! That sounds terrible. I think you're doing a great job of taking it all one day at a time; great work! Lots of love, josephine
Great to see your post!! We can't wait until you're home and we can come bug you - heh heh heh - just kidding. Only a few more days for you to go and then you can go home - yippee!!
xo
Great to hear you are improving Dan. You and Penny are quite the team!
Hey Dan,
You don't know me and I don't know you, other than through your blog. I have no idea how I stumbled across your blog - I have a few friends that post pictures of their children and I think that is how I came across you. Anyway, I have been checking in on you over the last few months. You are amazing! I am in awe of how hard you and your family are working at conquering your cancer. All of you are in my thoughts. I have two young children as well - 2 little girls. Our eldest is 4 and our baby is 1. Keep up the good work!
Heidi (Edmonton)
Post a Comment