www.flickr.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All is Well

Hi everyone,

Just a really quick note to fill everyone in on the days events. Everything went great! The bad colon bits are gone, and the Dr's were very encouraged with how well Dan had responded to the chemo and radiation. Both his colon and liver had responded! Great news. Dan was in no pain when I saw him other than his right shoulder. Which I've been told is quite common after abdominal surgery. Some connective nerve thing? His has a bag on the right side of his body... and for those of you that have followed along, that means an ileostomy. Which also means they were able to save the lower portion of Dan's colon and he will poop again. Thanks for all the warm wishes and thoughts today. We definitely felt all the energy. I will update soon.

Penny

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear it went well. That's great news!

Astrid said...

YEAH!!!!

Louise said...

That is fabulous news! All day I've been saying "Right Side, Right Side, Right Side!" I'm so happy all went well and that Dan's doing well. Thanks for the update - you guys have been at the front of my mind all day!
Lots of love,
Louise

Anonymous said...

Go Dan Go!!