I still hate the hospital. But at least this time I'm in a brand new, private room.
Penny brought me in on Saturday evening after I suffered through a day with the worst headache I'd ever had. It was so bad I was vomiting. The pain radiated down my neck into my upper back. I couldn't eat, couldn't sleep, couldn't move. In the ER I got into a bed quickly but didn't seen doctor for 5 hours! When I finally did see the doctor I got pain meds and a CT scan of my noggin. The CT scan was clean (no cancer in the brain!) and showed no bleeding or inflammation. To rule out meningitis they did a lumbar puncture and drained a little fluid. While it did not show any signs of bacterial infection, it did contain some white blood cells which I'm told is indicative of a viral infection. Viral meningitis it is! So, I got moved to an isolation room and put on some heavy duty antibiotics. Since then things have improved slowly but I have barfed more times in the last 24 hours than I care to remember. I am sitting now in a super duper brand new isolation room in unti 64 in the Mcaig tower at the foothills hospital. I'm feeling much better now (headache now 5/10 for pain) and for the first time feel able to talk on the phone and pick up my iPad. I haven't seen my doctor yet today so I don't have a plan but I get the feeling that I will be here for some time.
9 comments:
Oh no Dan! I hope you're feeling better REALLY soon. I wish I was closer so I could cook for Penny and kids, or do something to help. Where does one get viral meningitis?
Hey Dan. Why did they give you antibiotics if its viral? I understand if you're going to get meningitis, viral is somehow better.
I hope this disappears as quickly as it came on. Are you still quarantined? Keep us posted. Gill
Oh man Dan. That's awful. Hope it passes quickly! I'll be thinking of you.
Heidi, Edmonton.
Dude! You didn't need that! Hope you're feeling heaps better. We'll all be thinking of you down here. xo from cousin Amelia
Oh Man,
What`s going on with you? :)) I hope you feel better soon and this "viral meningitis" will be disappear soon.
Cross my fingers for you and big hug from MS
Suck-o-rama. Seriously. Hope your quiet isolation room let's you get the rest you need to recover quickly. Hugs and kisses from all of us!! Sabrina.
Hope your headache is gone and your starting to feel better! Thanks for keeping up your blog, I read it all the time... I think about you often and hope all the positive thoughts coming your way will help! Keep strong! JM
Hola Dan!
Get well soon so I can come over your office and bother you.......
Hugs,
Dora
Yeah Dan, feel better soon so Dora stops bothering me in MY offie! lol
We should play online scrabble on our ipads!
Diego
Post a Comment