This past weekend I took a little trip to the BC Cancer Agency in Victoria. I had set up through my oncologist here in Calgary to meet up with an oncologist there to discuss the possibility of having future chemo treatments there. The idea being that I would be able to spread some of the "feeling crappy" out a bit. Up until now Penny and the kids have had to deal with the brunt of my sickness and discomfortude following chemo. I thought it might be good to rely on my parents (who live in Victoria) for a little care following some of my future treatments.
The oncologist I met up with there (Dr Weinerman) was pleasant, laid back, polite, easy to talk to and ON TIME! The BC cancer board offices at the Jubilee Hospital are clean and bright and not nearly as busy as the Tom Baker Centre here in Calgary. After a mild amount of disbelief on his part at my "crappy luck" he said he would be happy to help out in any way that he can. He said he would be able to set up treatments there in Victoria with a little notice. He seemed to think there would be no problem with paperwork or funding given my history of treatment in Calgary. Overall it was a positive meeting. Hopefully I never need to go there for treatment but just in case, its good to know the option is there.
Following my Victoria appointment I hitched a ride to Comox with my cousin Josephine and my brother Matt. It was a fun trip up and was great to spend a little time with the bro and the cuz. In Comox I spent time as usual with the Daves and Ashely and Katie. I wish I could go more often...
On the schedule for tomorrow is a visit to the Foothills for a CT scan. This one should show if the chemo I'm on is effective at kicking cancer ass. I won't get the results for a week and I'll be sure to report them here as soon as I get them. Fingers crossed everyone!
Monday, November 1, 2010
BC Cancer Agency / Comox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment