www.flickr.com

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Back To Work!

Today I ventured back to work for the first time in over two years. In the summer Penny and I decided that it was time to take back what we can of our life from that controlling bitch, cancer. Since I enjoyed my job, we thought that going back to work would be good for our mental health. It would give me something to focus on besides cancer and would give Penny and the kids an opportunity to get back into an at-home routine without me around ALL the time to cramp their style.

I was lucky enough to have Scott and Rick put together a project for me that is flexible, challenging and interesting. I will start out working 3 half days per week but that will increase as long as I can handle whatever fatigue and stress happen to come my way. The project is also flexible enough that I can work from home should the need arise. The bottom line is I'm thrilled to be back at EnCana in a great group with a great project and can't wait to get started. Thanks to everyone involved who has made this happen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great Dan, really, you just keep turning this sh*te on it's head! And blowing me away with your ability to do so. Awesome.
x Sabrina and co.

Unknown said...

Sounds great Dan! You and I have been not working for about the same time. You'll have to let me know if it all comes back right away or not. I'm excited for you, that will be a nice change of pace.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Dan.

A Blog Fan

Unknown said...

Oh Dan that sounds fantastic...A change of focus and scenery and stimulus!! Have fun!

Leonard said...

Sounds great! All the best of luck with that!

Anonymous said...

Dan, Am so thrilled with your constant approach to your life. Go get 'em tiger
Fiona