www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Killer?

About once a week Carly's kindergarten class meets up with a grade three class at her school. Each of the kindergarten students gets paired up with a grade three student. I think the idea is for the kindergarten kids to have a mentor, someone to help them with stories or art or whatever they're doing on that particular day. On the first day it happened, Carly came home and told us all about it. When we asked what her grade three buddies name was she paused for a moment, got a confused look on her face and then said "Killer??". Of course we didn't believe her but the more we questioned her on it, the more certain she was that she had the right name. So we asked her that the next time she meets up with her grade three buddy could she please ask what her name was because Killer didn't seem like a good name for an 8 year old girl. Sure enough, a few days later she came home with a big smile on her face and told us that she had met up with her buddy again and asked her name and this time she was sure that her name was in fact Killer. "You know mom, Killer. Like someone who shoots deer!". Still not believing that someone would name their daughter Killer, Penny wrote a note to Carly's teacher explaining what had happened and that we were a little concerned that there was a communication breakdown somewhere in this process. Carly's teacher wrote back the same day saying that her grade three buddy was named Hunter, not Killer. I guess this speaks to the way a five-year-olds mind works. We laugh all the time now about that story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the story...I just had a good chuckle!

Emma

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan, thanks for the morning laugh.. I couldn't stop laughing. I hope you're doing well.

Maria Macavinta

Anonymous said...

HA!!HAAAAAAA! I love it. Classic. Kids :)

hugs and kisses,

Sabrina, Mark, Ciara and Sophie

Amy said...

When I was a baby one of my cousin's friends went home and told his parents "There was a baby at Will's house today, her name was Pointy"! To Aim... To Point... get it? My Uncle still thinks it's hilarious to call me Pointy. Thanks to the mind of a 7 year old! ha! ha! :) Amy