Things are going well so far this round. I have managed to go without taking any of the anti-nausea steroid besides what I took at the hospital before my chemo hook up. I made it out of the house today on two occasions; one to see Carly's dance class (parents were invited to watch today) and two, to watch the kids play hockey with the neighbors outside. It feels really good to be able to get out and walk around. I still feel pretty crappy though. The taste, the fatigue, the nausea, the numb hands and feet and the inability to drink cold liquids are all still there. Penny has been waiting on me and is quite the soldier, looking after the kids 24/7, cooking, shopping and chauffeuring are all in a days work for her. She makes a killer coffee too!
That's all for now I guess. Just wanted to let you all know I'm hanging in.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Getting my chemo - Round 3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Hang in there Dan-the-man! If you need help then just call on your O'Shea friends from down the street.
Leah
Sending big hugs your way!! (and to Super-Mom Penny too!!)
xo
So glad to hear that things are progressing. My fingers and toes are crossed for you!
Your Edmonton stranger friend,
Heidi
Hey Dan,
You may not feel great- but from your pics you are looking good as always- the smile is still there! Loved seeing the video footage of the kids, especially the lemon. Bryn and I had a good laugh.
Saw your mum and dad at Laura's wedding- it was nice to chat with them because I haven't see them in a while.
Take Care, and say hi to Penny- if I was ever sick, she would definitely be the type of person I would want on my team! What a warrior!
Gina :)
Dan, hang in there. I am thinking of you always. Call me if you need anything, Make sure you are here for Boxing Day, we are ON again for our Open House - Erik willmake his Waldorf Salad again just for you. As for Penny and glasses - welcome to Canada - I dont think I have been less than $500 any time. Just last week I paid $1200 for 2 pairs. Our next duty is to go to the US for the next pairs!
Dan - you are a pillar of strength (with some weird attachments) You are doing great. I hope you will feel well enough go to a couple houses trick or treating.
TTYL Gill
Keep going Dan & Penny. You`re amazing lovebird couple and keep smiling.
If you need anything let us know and we`ll be there anytime anywhere.
Big hug from MS
Great to hear some positive progression DanO. Had a few good laughs getting caught up on your blog today (between seemingly endless diaper changes). Good family fun!
All the best!
Ben&Lauren
Post a Comment