So i think fine, whatever. If I need to send it off somewhere that's fine as long as I have the money first. Does it really matter at this point where it's going? No because I can send it anywhere in the world for $150 I think.
At this point I give him my email address which is all he needs to send money to me on paypal.
Almost right away I get:
And at the same time I get 6 email messages from paypal in my inbox with titles like:
"Notification of an instant PayPal Payment Confirmation From Luis Mary(luismary50@gmail.com)"
And,
"*Confirmation Of Payment From PayPal Desk*"
And,
"Notification of an instant PayPal Payment Confirmation from Al-zayan Omran(al-zayan@live.com)"
And the best one:
"**Calling Not Necessary Pending Notification Of Your Fund**"
And then I get a text with the shipping address, Lagos Nigeria!
So at this point I'm pretty sure it's a scam for a number of reasons 1) Nigeria 2) the offer was grossly over the asking price and 3) I have payment receipt emails from TWO supposed payers and 4) I got an email from "paypal" saying don't call to confirm your payment. Hmmm. SO of course I called paypal and the guy had me read off some of the first email and he knew after 2 lines that it was a scam. He almost laughed out loud but was relieved to hear I had not sent the package off.
So I sent a curt closing statement to the punk:
Moral of the story #1 - If it sounds to good to be true, IT IS.
#2 - Don't send anything in the mail you've posted on kijiji, especially not to Nigeria.
1 comment:
That`s a story. Unfortunately more scam all around the world. The other trick they use to send package by mail and after they said, I didn`t get it. I like Paypal because you have a credit and like this guy will be in the black list.
Good luck with your sale
MS
Post a Comment