I got some more good CT scan results Friday. The scan showed no new spread outside the lungs. The lung lesions showed a few different reactions. Some grew a little, some stayed the same and some showed central cavitation. I guess central cavitation can happen when either 1) the tumours are growing really fast, or 2) when slow growing tumours are dying from the inside out from the effects of treatment. Given the fact that my cancer appears to be slow growing, scenario #2 is the more like case, meaning the tumours are responding to the treatment! That said I've had a rough past few months and need a break from treatment. I will likely be off for a few months. When I return I have more options for treatment than I do now. 1) I can continue with what I'm doing (5Fu and Avastin), 2) I can go on a new drug called %%%%% that my Manulife drug plan will cover to the tune of $7500/month (hello safeway Pharmacy 7x air miles!!!) or 3) I can sign up for a new phase 3 double blind clinical trial for a new drug. I have time to think about it so that's good.
Yes, Penny and Brad are in the Bahamas…

1 comment:
That's great news Dan. I'm glad you're taking some time to think about your options. I'm sure you'll choose whatever is best for you.
What a great picture of Penny and Bradley. It was such a wonderful trip and your little son is so special. He was the best baby ever!!!
Vicky xo
Post a Comment