www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 24, 2011

He is Out and Recovering

Suppose it's ironic that for the 5 seconds I'm away from my phone... nature calls... Buie calls. Anyways, for those of you that are thinking of Dan today, wanted to let you all know he is out of surgery and awake. According to Dr. Buie, everything went really well. The stoma is now permanent and the best news was they were able to access the abscess from inside. There's a great possibility now that Dan will no longer have a drain, and can stop the antibiotics he's been on constantly for a year. This is GREAT news. I'm sure Dan will post something soon.

8 comments:

Gill said...

Thanks for the update Penny! That's all great news and really hopeful for getting rid of the damn infection!! Cervezas here we come:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the news Penny. That's so awesome about the surgery...I was thinking about you guys...
Jill

Jen Chmilar said...

Great update. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic!!! Sending lots of love, Nic, Andy & Harry xxx

Anonymous said...

That is great news to get rid of the drain for good! Tell Dan we are thinking of him on "Turkey Day" (if you're a Yank that is..)

Karen Taylor said...

That is wonderful!!!
So happy for you..

Anonymous said...

Great news!

Heidi and family, Edmonton

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you guys! Go on
MS