www.flickr.com

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day Whatever

I thought I might have made it home yesterday but it was not to be. I have to wait for more tests since it is infinitely simpler to schedule them as an inpatient. The tests are the same as always; put some fluid in here and see where it comes out, put some fluid in there and see if it comes out. Then wait and wait. I should be home today one way or another. I have no pain just a little discomfort. Sitting is hard but I can walk and lie down fine. Sleeping is hard In the hospital with all the comings and goings at all hours and a thin plastic mattress that promotes sweating and has some form of artificial intelligence that tells it to inflate or deflate at seemingly random intervals throughout the night. I think it's built to reduce the frequency of bedsores in non-ambulatory patients by changing the pressure points but for people like me who are mobile it's just annoying.
So now I wait for more tests and surf the Internet. I guess life could be a lot worse!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
I know what you mean, I have a same experience with this "fancy" bed..which is terrible to fall asleep.
Hopefully your fluid came out in the right way and you`ll ready to go home to sleep in your comfy bed.
Big hug from MS