www.flickr.com

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 3

I think I'm hung over from all the narcotics I've had over the past 2 days. Headache and mild nausea all day. I got a day pass to leave for a few hours. Penny and the kids picked me up and we met Sandi at the bookstore for a coffee and to pick up a copy of "Never Leave Your Wing Man" a book by a cancer survivor from Saskatchewan. Her and her husband were in town promoting their book and signing copies. It was good to chat, meet her and her husband and hang out with the family. Now I'm back in my bed in the Hospital getting some antibiotics and waiting to see what the chef has prepared for supper. I'm hoping for roast chicken and cous cous but I'm sure I'll get some meat surprise and powdered mash like usual. Dr Buie stopped by and we had a short chat. He said things were on track for a Monday sineogram. Tonight, the plan is to do a little reading and watch a movie but feel free to stop by if you have nothing to do.

3 comments:

Gill said...

Sounds like an awesome way to spend the afternoon. Somehow I just picture Tom Cruise and "Goose" on the front cover of the book. I'll check it out at my next visit to Chapters;-) Hope you get another pass for today for the concert? Thinking of you lots.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Leonard, Paula, Declan and Ailish

Anonymous said...

Hi Dan
Tried to post a message a few days ago but I guess it didn't work. We had a skype update from your mum letting us know your surgery went well and we were so glad to get that news. Hopefully you'll be heading home soon!

We also finally got our summer pictures uploaded to the computer and I'll send you some of the kids together on the island.

Love to everyone
Emma