www.flickr.com

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Off


German Medicine Storage?, originally uploaded by DPC Tutt.

Things pretty much shut down around here on Sundays. All of the staff is gone except the doctor on call and the nurses. I still got Vitamin B and C infusions today but nothing else. We slept in, got some lunch and spent the afternoon in the room. Penny did a puzzle while I played with my camera and we both listened to the Girl Who Played WIth Fire book on tape. Its a very captivating story, and we must have listened to three hours worth today! Supper was awesome with tons of fresh fruit including kiwi fruit, peaches, plums and passion fruit! Very tasty indeed. On our daily walk we saw two interesting things: The first was a weird carved sign (see picture on flickr) and the second was a big box labeled "chemo" (see picture above). I'm not sure what's in the box. Perhaps chemo means "sand" in German?

Today I got a schedule for my treatment this week. I have lots going on with two or three appointments each day. I will go into the details of what each treatment is at another time hopefully with some pictorial assistance (if I can figure out my flash!).

We've chatted up a few other patients here at the klinik and have met two interesting couples. One from Nanaimo BC and one from Aldergrove BC. There have been many interesting conversations and both couples can sure talk! George from Nanaimo has colon cancer like me while Carol from Aldergrove has breast cancer. It's been great to chat about cancer with other survivors and of course meeting fellow BCers is always a pleasure.

I hope everyone at home is doing well. Our thoughts are constantly with all the New Zealanders in Christchurch who are no doubt still reeling from this past weeks revolt by mother nature. Keep your chins up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disapoint but Zum Bahnhof simply means "this way to the train station!" (Pierre teaches German at school)

Emma

Gill said...

Glad to hear you have some downtime. Thanks too for posting so much info everyday. Feels like we are in the loop. It means alot. We are planning to watch Sask and Canadian teams in ladies curling final this afternoon. I like telling them what they should do through the TV with my vast one-season rec league experience:-) Kids getting ready to go back to school tomorrow. they had a fabulous week and in particular loved swimming together. Jamie, Emand Carly braved the waves all by themselves (in lifejackets of course) while I chased Andrew around.