www.flickr.com

Monday, February 28, 2011

Cheep Beer and the Bahnhoff

Today was a busy day in terms of treatment. Today I started out with some blood tests at 9:30, had local hyperthermia with vitamin infusions at 10:15, had an ultrasound at 11:30, got a massage at 13:00 and finished the day with an EKG and a lung function test at 14:30. It was a full day but the treatments were spaced out enough that it wasn't too hectic. I've learned to find my way around this place for the most part although all roads seem to lead to the kitchen which isn't so good since there is always something yummy there to snack on.

This afternoon while I had treatment Penny walked over the hill to Nidda (pronounced nid-ah). She bought a bunch of stuff at the pharmacy, tried to find some workout gear at a sports store, and pcked up some beer and wine at the grocery. She (and I) were amazed at the price of alcohol. She picked up a good bottle of Italian wine and 3 half litter bottles of decent german pilsner all for less than 3 euros! If you happened to be an alcoholic, this would an economical place to get your drink on.

After I wrapped up my treatments today I ventured out into the town with my camera. I found the train station (the bahnhoff) just up the hill from the klinik and snapped some shots. I was fortunate to be there when a train came through. As I've mentioned before this is a very scenic spot and there are limitless walking opportunities.

Ok Dr. Herzog just came in to chat. It's 10:15 at night here! I guess that's the benefit of owning the clinc and having a private living suite on the top floor. The plan is to continue with treatments as planned this week and have the full body hyperthermia next week in conjunction with chemotherapy. I'm exhausted now and am off to bed. overall I'm feeling pretty good but in the past few days I've had increasing pain in my tailbone region. It hurts to sit for long periods and even lying on my back on this hard bed can be awkward. Hopefully this pain goes away in the next few days.

Side note: Is the Frankfurt weather badge on the blog working? From here it never works but perhaps its working there? Could someone please post a comment and let me know? Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frankfurt weather shows up quite nicely on the blog from this end.
Take care and keep filling us all in.

Gill said...

It works on the computer but not the iPod. Weird.